SILLY BAHRAINI BOY


Born in September 2000, I am the son of the new Bahrain. Despite my young age, I will choose to speak my mind and show you through photographs, words and drawings all that I have been to with my auntie: Silly Bahraini Girl!

adopt your own virtual pet!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Silly Boy lands in trouble

I wake up early every Friday...as if I ever go to sleep.
So does Silly Bahraini Boy, who spends the night with his other cousins at my mother's house.

Every Friday, mood-permitting, I pick up Silly Boy and his cousin Dana and we go to different places around Bahrain.. Like we are spoilt for choice here, you know.
Anyway, today...we spent the morning at the Salmaniya Medical Complex. Silly Boy poured boiling water from this stupid water dispenser on his arm of all places. We were visiting someone and I had warned them not to get up to their tricks...but who am I to boss them around?
"Why did you do this?" I asked...after he calmed down.
"I don't know, it just happened," he replied.
"Hot water," says Dana, his two-and-a-half-year-old cousin.
"Hot water!" she screams.
Silly Boy tries not to cry.
"It burns," he says in between sobs.
"Hot water!" screams Dana back at him.
"I don't want to go to the hospital," he says.
"The doctor has a needle," says Dana.
Thanks Dana..that helped a lot.
The doctors say it is superficial burn which would heal soon. Now Silly Boy has to go to the hospital everyday to change the bandage.
"So I cannot play football?" he asks.
"Not for a few days.." I reply as I drive him back home.
"Why are you taking me home? We are not going to Magic Island?" he asks.
"No.. You need to take your medicine," I reply.
"Why don't you stop talking when you drive? You want to get us into an accident," he asks.
I shut up.
"Why is no one talking to me? Because my arm is burned?" he asks.
"I will not marry you!" replies Dana.
What a family..

2 Comments:

Blogger Preternatural_aL said...

Is Dana not gonna marry SB cos his hand is burned? :(

6:46 am  
Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Nope.. Dana's resolution for this week is not to marry SB, whom she calls AB by the way.
"I don't want a AB... I want Superman!" she said.
Well... who doesn't?

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home